in vivo skin analysis
The gen2-SCA is a highly sensitive confocal Raman system for in vivo skin analysis. The RiverICon instrument control software calculates and shows molecular concentration profiles during data collection. The SkinTools3 software is available for comprehensive offline data-analysis.
The gen2-SCA uses red and near-infrared laser light and complies with international standards for safe laser light exposure of the skin. All "Raman-expertise" is inside, which makes the gen2-SCA very easy-to-operate: switch on, auto-calibrate, and start collecting data.
- Determine molecular concentration profiles from the skin surface into the dermis with high spatial resolution.
- Measure the distribution of intrinsic skin constituents: amino acids, sweat constituents, lipids, proteins, water...
- Perform non-invasive quantitative analysis of dynamic processes such as skin penetration and permeation of topical formulations. Optimize active delivery.
- See the difference between volar forearm skin, cheek, forehead, scalp, axilla, and other.
Let your product development projects benefit from the unique data the gen2-SCA provides
- browse our Learning Center for inspiration.
- Did not find what you were looking for? Feel free to tap into RiverD’s extensive know-how and experience in Raman spectroscopic skin analysis. Contact us to confidentially discuss your plans and requirements,
gen2-SCA installations are carried out by trained service personnel, authorized by RiverD, who will also teach basic instrument operation and maintenance.
Two-day comprehensive operator training courses are organized three times per year at the RiverD offices in Rotterdam, the Netherlands. For further information, contact RiverD or one of our local distributors. Also see our Brochures page for more information about this topic.
services & support
- Remote Instrument Health Monitoring
- Preferred access to spare parts
- Study design & data analysis support