14 Jan 2013:
Bactimm starts rapid service for bacterial typing in the Netherlands with RiverD's SpectraCell RA bacterial strain analyzer
The SpectraCell RAŽ Bacterial Strain Analyzer provides immediate actionable information about the clonal relatedness of microorganisms in hospital outbreak settings, food contamination or community epidemics. This information is critical to identify vectors of transmission and take appropriate and specific corrective action. When used as part of an active surveillance program, SpectraCell RAŽ can alert the infectious disease team to a virulent strain and help prevent or limit its spread.
Info on SpectraCell RAŽ strain analyzer: Click here (.pdf)
Routine use of the SpectraCell RAŽ System can:
- Reduce future costly outbreaks
- Measure compliance to Infection Control
- Meet or exceed community and government mandates for management of HAI
The SpectraCell RAŽ System produces results in minutes from culture.
- No DNA Extraction or Amplification. A 2 microliter loop of bacteria from a pure culture is all that is needed.
- A molecular fingerprint of the entire biomass, protein, carbohydrates, lipids, nucleic acids, is determined using RAMAN Spectroscopy.
- Analyze relationships amongst isolates in an outbreak; as part of an active surveillance program or compare to isolates in a digital library of previously run samples.